Home > About Us > Our History
The former Bedok South Secondary School campus was located in the Bedok South Housing Estate. The former school campus opened in January 1980 with a teaching staff of 50 teachers and 1022 students. At that time, the school shared its premises with Temasek Secondary School and Kong San Primary School. In June 1980, the school had the entire building to itself when students and staff of the other schools moved out. The staff strength then was 27 and the student enrolment was 575 students. It comprised 12 Secondary One classes and 2 Pre-University classes.
Bedok South Secondary School was declared open by the late Dr Lee Chiaw Meng, then the Member of Parliament for Tanah Merah on 29 April 1982. Mr Too Ming Ting was the first Principal. He was succeeded by Mr G Amoganathan, the late Mr Lau Woon Chung, Miss Koh Sauk Keow, Mr Goh Lay Guan, Mdm Koh Teck Siew and Mr Krishnan Aravinthan. Ms Pauline Fun Kar Whye. Mr Teoh Teik Hoe assumed duties on 15 Dec 2018.
The school moved into its new campus on 27 December 2002 at 1, Jalan Langgar Bedok, Singapore 468585. The new campus was officially opened on 21 February 2004 by Mr Abdullah Tarmugi, Speaker of Parliament and Member of Parliament for East Coast GRC (Siglap).
The school today sits on a 3 ha plot with facilities that provide our students with a spacious, modern, well-maintained and conducive learning environment.